Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Old times..


I went for an annual visit to my OB/GYN today. The nurses and receptionists there have all been nothing but nice to me from day one. During my pregnancy the nurses used to look forward to seeing me come in. I cracked up all of the time. Made jokes and kept them laughing. The day Emma was born everyone in the office knew about it. Soon after I got home I started getting the phone calls congratulating me on her delivery. It's hard to believe that two people could impact so many lives.

When I walked in the door the first thing I heard was "How's Emma?"
My response.. "She has turned two and now I don't want anymore children!"

I was finally called back by an unfamiliar face. She was pleasant but decided that the perfect time to argue with me about what my insurance would cover was while I was on the scales. Ummm... okay.. for those of you who don't know me.. I'm a big girl. I'm not thin, tiny, petite, slim or any other word that would describe a vegetarian! The scales are NOT the place to hold an argument about insurance.

The billing lady finally called her back to speak with her. Then she came back out, apologized to me and told me that my insurance would cover my procedures. Ummm.. when the hell did the nurses become responsible for my insurance??

When my Doctor finally came into the exam room the first thing I asked him was "while you had me cut open... did you happen to find an instruction manual for Emma??"

He quickly and wittingly replied, " No, but I did see a sign that said NO RETURNS".

What a guy!! You just gotta love him.

No comments: