Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pity Pot


I have come to realize that since becoming a mother I am totally clueless at raising children. Thus, I ask alot of questions to alot of women who (1) have more children than I do (2) have alot more experience with children than I do and (3) have raised their children to become positive and productive persons of society.

Emma's greatest ambition these days is to potty train. At first I thought that this was impossible for her age but then again I live with her and figured out that if she knows what throwing away trash means, then she could MAYBE figure out potty training.

Here we go! I have taught her that she needs to go potty when I go, even when she doesn't do anything at least she can go through the motions. A little practice never killed anyone. Well, not when a potty was involved. Ya' know, just a way for her to get the idea. Now, I ask her if she needs to go potty, she immediatly runs to the bathroom, takes down her pull ups and pees on the FLOOR! In FRONT of the potty! I think we're getting close! :) Literaly.

So I decided to buy those little potties that play a little ditty when the baby goes. LOL... This is a joke. MY baby has figured it out! So now when she wants to hum to a tune she simply goes to the bathroom and pours her sippy cup into the potty, the tunes sound off and she dances!

Conclusion.... Potty training... Harder for Ma Ma than baby!

No comments: