Monday, March 31, 2008

Behavior

Ok. Now I know you guys may think I'm crazy for posting this but I responded to a comment over the Super Nanny Community Board concerning a mother who asked if it was right to place her 18 month old daughter in "time out". Of course, every person who comes to the site "claims" to be doctors and psychologists etc..

I started putting my daughter in "time out" at around 14 months. She was WILD! Even though she disn't understand the whole concept of time out at that age it ALLOWED me the opportunity to get her used to the idea that if she does something wrong then she will get placed in "time out".

This lady turns up out of no where with her first post, claiming that what I am doing is wrong and that by placing my daughter into time out at such a young age, this will cause my daughter not to have the behavior again. YES, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT!! Ummm... where is the DOWN side to Time out! I mean I put her in there because I don't want her to have the behavior again! I personally think that this woman is off her rocker! AND I also think that if she spent any amount of time with Emma she would soon be visiting her doctor for stabalizers. I mean Emma is a wild little child and has been that way since she was 12 months old. The moment she started walking she began terrorizing the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!

SurvivorGirlNet said...

You are right to put baby Emma in time out if she needs it. It will help teach her that some behaviors are not acceptable. Pediatricians recommend that you make sure to keep the length of time appropriate for their age: for example, Emma is almost 2 years old, so 2 minutes would be the maximum time out. Time outs really work!