Sunday, August 30, 2009

To my Aunt Gail


My Aunt's birthday has been recent and yes I missed it as usual!! Even though I had it on my e-cards list; I still missed it!

Aunt Gail, you have ALWAYS been an inspiration to me. I love your strength, your beauty, your eye for the arts and your intelligence. Of course, these are only a few reasons why you are special to me. I do not show this enough! I know I don't. However, you know what it's like to be a single mom and have the similar struggles that I have.

As a child you introduced me to things that I would have never known about. The Brownies, roller skating, homemade cabbage patch doll babies, slumber parties, rewarding me with great words for a job well done (sometimes those were the words that I needed the most. Someone was paying attention.), Ahh... a creative and country Christmas, fireplaces (never saw one working until we visited your house), and finally the other little thing that you introduced me to undeniably, strength.

I admire you for all of the things that you do and the little things are always the greatest. You were one of the first people to call me after Emma was born. Thank you for making an effort as there were those who never did. I appreciate you! I thank you! I honor another year of you!

Thank you once again for knowing my pain, my frustrations, my troubles, my depression, my tears. Thank you for giving my childhood a chance when my sister and I really needed it. Hey... and thanks for Melissa. We needed her as well!

I love you with all of my heart!

Your Niece,
Crystal

1 comment:

Aunt Gail said...

This is, without a doubt, one of the sweetest and best birthday gifts I have ever received. I am going to frame it and keep it always. I love you Crystal and I am so proud of you. Thank you so much for this special blog tribute. Love, Aunt Gail