Saturday, August 29, 2009

Don't Talk Back To Me

My little one has finally developed the skill of TALKING BACK!! I have tried to figure out how to maintain and control this really crazy problem... I can't.

When she starts that talking back I cringe.
"Emma, please pick up the toy."
"No, you pick up the toy."
"Emma, please don't stand on my tummy."
"No, you leave me alone."
"Emma, please get your shoes on so we can leave. Mommy is running late for work."
"No, you find my shoes so we can go."
Sometimes I feel like saying...
"Mommy, go with me to the potty."
"No, go yourself." ... LOL... Muuhhhahahahhaaa
But, I don't. Instead I follow along behind her. Wait for her to finish her business. Watch her dangling her toes over the edge and reading the latest rag while she's pottying. Then afterwards I remind her that washing her hands keeps her from being friends with Mr. Germ.
I've tried ignoring the smart mouth. You know, that's a lot harder to do than it sounds. Any ideas would be appreciated! :)

No comments: