Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm BACKKKKK

Sorry it has taken so long to blog. My world has been turned upside down these days.

I got a job the first week of May and if you live in Virginia then you know that finding a job is very hard to do these days. Especially while your still trying to get a college degree at nights (online) and you are a single parent with no babysitters at hand. Which means no 2nd or 3rd shifts and no weekends.

I come down sick the second week in and it was no wonder that I did with everyone coughing and hacking around me. I tried to bite the bullet and found myself eventually with no voice. Seeing that my new job was working as a telephone sales representative. This was no good for me. My doctor told me to stay out of work. It took three weeks to get my voice back. It took two weeks for my job to decide they didn't need me. Don't get me wrong! I understood. Hell, if I hired someone I would at least like for them to show up to work. Under a doctor's care though, Hmmm.... I would have been a bit more generous. But business is business!!

So, I opted to hit the pavement again looking for work. The one man in my life that told me that he would always be there for me decided that his house payment was more important... (please refer to the "I hate men" blog) for a discussion on the latest asshole in my life!

So after all of this happens, of course you know you can't pay the bills with no job. I paid that were considered "important" and had to let the others take a backseat for the month. Then reality once again smacked me right across the face. My cable gets turned off. Now I have no cable and no internet. I'm stuck watching Hanna Montana DVD's to occupy the baby. (she's totally stuck on this girl at 23 months. Go figure!) I can't do my online classes because I don't have high speed and dial up takes forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever............... It took me 20 minutes to get my email and another 10 to send it.

Hey, finally got a job working at the local Waffle House for $2.13 an hour!!!! Oh... Plus tips! I can't believe that's legal! The tips would be great but the problem is that I am serving to elderly men who use the Wafflehouse as a place to go when they are tired of hearing their wives morning bitch sessions. I drip 5 pots of decaf and they drink 4 of them. I feel like I'm in the middle of a badly acted out scene from Grumpy Old Men! They run me to death and at the end of their lengthy stay they leave me a 50 cent tip! EACH!!! How nice... Emma's gettin' steak tonight on that Buck 50!!!

I go to pick up Emma at daycare. Bring her home, set her down and get her shoes off when I finally take notice to how HOT she is. I run franticly for the thermometer to find out that she's sporting a 103 degree fever to go with the 90+ degree weather we are having. She's sneezing, coughing, crying, hoarse and of course I can't leave out the puking! I take her to the doctor the next day and she tells me to let it pass and doesn't give her a thing to help her but some cough meds. Candy Apple flavored!! This is a joke because I can't get my daughter to eat sweets as it is but she thinks I'm going to be able to get her to eat some yummy candy apple flavored cough meds! PLEASE!!

I finally get a bit of relief when I get an email from my Aunt in California (I can not say thank you enough... I was able to get my internet back and not completely loose out on my classes. Not to mention blogging again :) Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! @-->------

To sum things up: Emma is healing nicely. She still has a bit of a cough but nothing her "yummy" cough meds aren't taking care of. I'm still trying to hold it together at the WaffleHouse. I've still got a bit of a cough that my shit flavored cough meds are taking care of. I am currently looking for better employment after work and the asshole just informed me that he "might" have to sell his "other" truck because he doesn't know if he will be able to make his HOUSE payment. I looked him in the eyes and said " I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR HOUSE!! PAY YOUR FUCKING CHILD SUPPORT!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Girl! You are eating margarine now, but butter days are ahead! Love you, Aunt Gail

Melissa said...

A friend of mine once said this to me when I was having a bad time and people weren't treating me right:

"May the crabs of a thousand Las Vegas whores infest the crotch of the person who f!@#s up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch."

Have a great day!!

Love,

M